Gabriel Villarán, born July 11, 1984, is a professional Surfer from Lima, Peru. He has proven himself as one of the most versatile wave riders in South America and is known for his remarkable barrel riding style. Gabriel was named Peruvian National Champion in 2008 and placed third in the 2009 ISA World Surfing Games in Costa Rica. Since then, he has focused on big wave riding and has taken top spots in contests such as the Puerto Escondido ‘QS, the Quicksilver Pichilemu Big Wave Championships, and the Pawa Tube Fest in Pascuales, Mexico. Gabriel participates in both ASP and Big Wave World Tour events, proving his unique wave riding abilities.
- 2012 – 2nd place Pawa Tube Fest. Pascuales, Mexico
- 2011 – 3rd place Quicksilver Pichilemu Big Wave Championship
- 2010 – 2nd place Quicksilver Pichilemu Big Wave Championship
- 2009 – 3rd place ISA World Surfing Games. Costa Rica
- 2008 – National Champion – Peru
- 2008 – 2nd place Puerto Escondido ‘QS
- 2008 – Best Tube. Cabo Blanco Billabong Tuberiders